Monday, November 24, 2008

What's New!

I have not taken any pics in a while so below are some cute pics that we took while goofing around with photo booth on the Mac.  So what's new?  Well Steve, the boys and I have been spending more time at home lately and it has been wonderful.  I think the nice weather takes us all outdoors and other places, but the plus to cold weather is we all stay inside together.  We have enjoyed time together talking, reading, cleaning, cooking and just being goofy together.

Recently we made a brave bold leap and actually visited a church.  We made our first visit to Belmont Mennonite last Sunday and went again this Sunday.  We absolutely loved it there.  The biggest plus is how much the boys love it!  They made themselves right at home from the beginning.  It was strange and wonderful at the same time.  Steve and I really enjoy worshipping there and being able to see so many familiar faces.  I have never seen such a welcoming congregation!

Steve and I recently reflected back on our year of intentionally not attending a church community and feel like it was such an important part of our spiritual growth as well as the boys spiritual growth.  While we all felt we maintained a relationship with God, we were definitely ready to worship in a community again.  Thanks to all who supported us and prayed for us during our intentional time away from church.  Steve and I would be happy to share our story and talk and process our experience with anyone who is interested.



No comments: