Monday, February 23, 2009

Lent

This year for lent I am actually going to give up something.  I never really felt like my heart was into the act of committing to give up something for lent, but this year it is a go.  

I am going to give up *gulp* facebook for lent.  Instead of playing games and passively watching others' updates and considering that socially sufficient.  I am hoping to take the time to blog more (sorry all you are going to have to deal with some online journaling), call friends, scrapbook oh yeah and focus on my relationship with God.  I really do not mean that as an afterthought, just that through all the other things mentioned I am anticipating that I will be focusing on my relationship with God.  Being with people, journaling and taking time to scrapbook are ways I connect with God.  While I do not intend yet to give up facebook forever, I do feel that it is highly addictive (for me especially the games) and takes away from what I find to be qualities of life.

So we will see where this journey takes me as I truly experience my fist lenten time.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Sandra---I think that is such a wise choice you are making. To realize something is taken up so much of your time & to do something about it. I hope & pray that you draw closer to God thru this experience!