Here we go! Steve has been bit by the blog bug...guess who is stuck writing...me!
This year has been quite a year. I hope to soon fill this page with beautiful family pictures that help tell our story.
Logan began Kindergarten this year which has been exciting and crazy at the same time. He loves learning. Logan spells and reads non-stop, with lots of effort and improving accuracy. His biggest challenge is the bus ride home. Logan has also been busy making friends in the neighborhood. It is fun to see him play so hard with his neighborhood pals.
Gavin began preschool this year. He began his year with much enthusiasm, but is now the only "abled" child in his class and that has proven to be stressful for him. He is a typical three year old, talking and exerting all the independence he can muster. I love watching my children reach new stages, but always have to say Good-bye to a stage I feel I just learned to manage.
Steve is busy with sixth-graders this year at school. Steve is also enjoying spending more time with our boys, now that he is no longer coaching and is done with classes. Seeing Steve and the boys play together is so much fun! I love my boys who fill our house with lots of testosterone! Cars, Star Wars, Wrestling, and now Nerf tag...need I say more ;).
Which brings me to introducing the new female in the family...Maddie the cutest little puppy ever. Maddie is a shih tzu/poodle mix. Logan loves to introduce her as a shy poodle, the mixed breed name is shih poo. Maddie has been such a great addition to our family. She is full of energy and loves to chase the boys around during her playful periods and then loves cuddling with us during her resting time. One of my favorite things about her is her quite nature, it is a rarity to hear her bark. The boys feel that this Christmas present from Grandma and Grandpa Rolon is the best gift they ever recieved.
If you have read this far, I suppose you can hear some about Sandra...Me :)
For starters I am 5'2", brown hair, chocolate eyes and a Taurus...and I think I am funny too!
My year has also been full of excitement. I began working at the hospital on the OB floor as a unit secretary/nurse assistant (big title for important roles;) I also began taking classes in order to pursue a nursing degree. My first class was a bit of a joke, but I am ready to dive in and see what this non-trad can do! I still enjoy spending a lot of my time as a stay at home mom, which has allowed me to do many fun activities with my boys. We love to shop, take random trips to the zoo, park or when it's above 30 degrees go swimming at my mom's house.
Stay tuned for more update and some pics to help tell our stories!
My Favorites from Darcy 2014
11 years ago
1 comment:
LOVE the blog guys!! I can't wait to read more about what you're up to and to see more pictures of your cute little guys. ~Mandy
Post a Comment